Thursday, 22 July 2010

White Chocolate Apricot Crumble Cupcakes!

It's been a while since I've posted a new cupcake flavour so I'm sorry, I've actually been getting cupcake orders for my business so I've been making cupcake flavours I've already posted up! I'm so happy though I'm actually making a bit money from something I love doing :D. I've had 62 cakes to make this week and I'm doing some for a 13th birthday party tomorrow hehe exciting!!
Anyway I had a bit spare cake mixture left from one of my orders so I thought I would experiment and make these cakes, I've been wanting to make an apricot cake for a while but wasn't sure what to put with it...hm..
I decided on an apricot cake with crushed digestive biscuits in..(these are the equivalent of graham crackers), these gave the cupcakes a nice texture, I then topped the cakes with a creamy white chocolate buttercream! Hopefully I'll have some spare cake mixture everytime so I can continue to make some new flavours hehe!


White Chocolate Apricot Crumble Cakes
Apricot Crumble Cakes
115g unsalted butter, at room temperature
130g white granulated sugar
3 large eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
210g self-raising flour
2 teaspoons apricot extract
150g crushed digestive biscuits
60ml milk
1 teaspoon vanilla extract



1. Preheat the oven to 175C and line a muffin tin with liners.

2. Cream the butter and the sugar together in a large bowl until light and fluffy, this should take about 3 minutes. Add the eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in vanilla extract.
3. Add the flour to the butter and egg mixture, alternating with the milk.. Beat in slowly until just combined, be careful not to overbeat! Fold in the last addition of flour and milk and then fold in the digestive biscuits.
4. Fill the muffin liners and bake for 18-20minutes or until a toothpick is inserted into the middle and comes out clean. Allow to cool in muffin tin for 5 minutes and then turn out onto a wire rack until completley cool.

White Chocolate Buttercream
250g icing sugar
175g butter
200g white chococolate, melted
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
milk

1. Beat the butter until softened, slowly adding the icing sugar bit by bit.
2. Beat in the vanilla extract.
3. When the white chocolate has cooled slightly beat this into your buttercream, if its too hot it will melt the butter! If this happens don't worry just put your buttercream in the fridge before use to firm it up so that you are able to pipe with it.






2 comments:

Heaven is a Cupcake said...

Oo they sound yummy :)

Linda V said...

Wow that sounds so interesting, love that even in the middle or being busy with the orders you decide to experiment with the left over batter. True cupcake dedication.