Saturday, 17 July 2010

Coconut Ice Cream

Woo i've wanted to try making ice cream for a while but I always thought I would need an ice cream maker to get the nice creamy consistency; however this is not the case hehe and it actually turned out fine just taking it out of the freezer at regular intervals to whisk to stop ice crystals forming. I've been getting loads of different flavourings recently so it was difficult to try and decide what flavour ice cream to do..hmm decisions decisions..I eventually decided upon coconut as my mam lovvveees coconut ice cream! Just before the ice cream was nearly frozen I whisked in some coconut flakes to make it even more coconutty mmmm! This is really easy to make and barely takes up any time, other than the waiting time for freezing of course hehe. I would definately recommend it hehe!

Coconut Ice Cream
625ml whipping cream (heavy cream)
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 teaspoons coconut extract
115g white sugar
50g coconut flakes

Beat both extracts, sugar and cream in a large bowl lightly until the sugar has dissolved and can no longer be seen within the cream.

Pour into a freezer friendly container and freeze till firm around the edges. Remove from the freezer, beat till smooth and return to the freezer. Do this 3-4 times and then set completely.






YUM!

7 comments:

Suzler said...

Such perfect scoops of ice cream. It loks yum! I'm making ice cream this weekend too. It's good to know you can get great results without a machine.

Cakebrain said...

yummy yummy! It's ice cream season!

Lisa Michelle said...

Natalie...I was thinking of making a coconut ice cream myself before I even clicked on your blog. Yours looks AMAZING, so creamy, custardy..perfect! I'm going to be giving away an ice cream maker on my blog anytime between now and next week :) OK..I need to check out your peanut butter cups now. I'm in sweet heaven!

Sinful Southern Sweets said...

Oh my! Coconut ice cream is truly one of my favorites!! I bet it was creamy beyond belief using all heavy cream. Yum!!

Jaime said...

I love coconut ice cream - actually one of my fav flavors is pineapple coconut!

Linda V said...

Mmmm that looks super creamy for icecream made without a machine.

Ingrid said...

YUM, is right! Coconut is a perfect one to start with!
~ingrid