Wednesday, 9 June 2010

Sweetie Galore Cupcakes

I'm so excited at the moment, I'm actually in the middle of setting up my own cupcake business!!!! I can't wait, me and my friend have decided to start our own online website to sell my cupcakes, I've designed all the website, the leaflets and I'm just waiting to get the go ahead from the health authorities and get the insurance sorted but I'll be sure to post up the link when I get the website hosted up on the web!! I'm going to cater for all sorts of occasions + sell cupcakes singly if required and hopefully supply local cafés with my stock!! I've never been so excited for something in my life, hopefully if it all works out well I would like to open a proper cupcake shop. Anyway enough of my blabbings hehe, my friend has never baked cupcakes properly before and I needed to teach her the tricks of the trade so me and her got together yesterday to make these cupcakes I've been wanting to try out for a while. A kids idea of heaven, sweetie cupcakes! We made a vanilla cake topped with creamy raspberry buttercream and covered them with kids pick 'n' mix sweets, they sure looked colourful hehe. Hope you enjoy the recipe.

Vanilla & Raspberry Sweetie Cupcakes

Vanilla Cupcakes
115g unsalted butter, at room temperature
130g white granulated sugar
3 large eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
210g plain flour
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
60ml milk
1 teaspoon vanilla extract



1. Preheat the oven to 175C and line a muffin tin with liners.

2. Cream the butter and the sugar together in a large bowl until light and fluffy, this should take about 3 minutes. Add the eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition.
3. In a separate bowl combine the flour, baking powder, and salt. Add the dry ingredients to the butter and egg mixture, alternating with the milk.. Beat in slowly until just combined, be careful not to overbeat!
4. Fill the muffin liners and bake for 18-20minutes or until a toothpick is inserted into the middle and comes out clean. Allow to cool in muffin tin for 5 minutes and then turn out onto a wire rack until completley cool.

Raspberry Buttercream
150g buttercream
250g icing sugar
2 teaspoons raspberry extract
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
pink food colouring
2 tablespoons milk

1. Beat butter until light and fluffy, for about 5 minutes. Add icing sugar a bit at a time beating until incorporated, adding milk as required.
2. Beat in extracts and colouring until desired flavour and colour has been achieved.
3. Decorate with your choice of sweets, I used Dolly Mixtures, White Chocolate Jazzies, Mini Marshmallows and White Chocolate Stars.







Sweets Galore!!

7 comments:

Suzler said...

Congratulations! I hope it all goes well, though I'm sure it will with gorgeous cupcakes like that. How exciting!

Paris Pastry said...

Exciting!! With cupcakes like these, I'm sure your business will be a hug success!

Leanne said...

I love your blog, and I defintely want to try the sweetie galore cupcakes. The frosting and toppings look lovely too!

Jenniffer said...

Congratulations and best of luck on your new business endeavor!

CookiePie said...

Good for you!! Congratulations and all the best!

Justin said...

good luck. those cupcakes are totally crazy (in a good way, of course)

Lorraine @ Not Quite Nigella said...

Oooh congratulations! that's brilliant! And these would be the most kid pleasing cupcakes I've ever seen! :o