Tuesday, 29 June 2010

Peanut Butter Butterscotch Cupcakes

I've really been wanting to make something with peanut butter for a while, so firstly I would like to say thank you for everyone who voted for the peanut butter cups..I can't wait to make them!! Buy firstly I made some cuppie cakes with peanut butter, I haven't made a peanut butter cupcake in so long and I was trying to think of a new combo that I could do with it, I didn't want to do your regular banana, jelly or chocolate..I fancied something a bit different so looking through my baking cupboard it hit me. I would use my new flavouring, butterscotch!!
I made a peanut butter cupcake, topped with a swirl of butterscotch buttercream and then sprinkled with mixed nuts yum! This one will definately be getting added to the flavours list of the new Cupcake-Corner business, which seems to be going well so far hehe :) we've had about 5 orders so far, leaflets have been delivered and website is all up and running so exciting hehe!
Peanut butter cups will be coming soon! Yum! Hehe.

Peanut Butter Butterscotch Cupcakes


Peanut Butter Cupcakes

115g unsalted butter, at room temperature
130g white granulated sugar
3 large eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
210g self-raising flour
120g peanut butter
60ml milk
1 teaspoon vanilla extract


1. Preheat the oven to 175C and line a muffin tin with liners.

2. Cream the butter and the sugar together in a large bowl until light and fluffy, this should take about 3 minutes. Add the eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in vanilla extract.
3. Add the flour to the butter and egg mixture, alternating with the milk.. Beat in slowly until just combined, be careful not to overbeat! Fold in the last addition of flour and milk and then fold in the peanut butter.
4. Fill the muffin liners and bake for 18-20minutes or until a toothpick is inserted into the middle and comes out clean. Allow to cool in muffin tin for 5 minutes and then turn out onto a wire rack until completley cool.

Butterscotch Buttercream
150g buttercream
250g icing sugar
few drops butterscotch extract
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 tablespoons milk

1. Beat butter until light and fluffy, for about 5 minutes. Add icing sugar a bit at a time beating until incorporated, adding milk as required.
2. Beat in extracts.





Creamy dreamy heaven!

16 comments:

Sinful Southern Sweets said...

Divine!

Leanne at Beale's Kitchen said...

I love the idea of butterscotch buttercream! The frosting looks so delicious :)

How To Be Perfect said...

I love butterscotch, what a great flavour combo x

crumbsoflove said...

They sound deluxe!

Mimi said...

Great flavor combination. Yum!
Mimi

Baking Addict said...

This sounds really delicious. I love peanut butter! Pairing it with butterscotch is genius. Must give this a try soon :)

Jaime said...

PB and butterscotch eh? not a combo i'd think of on my own...i'm interested to try this now

Amanda Bowyer said...

Your recipes look yummy!

Cakebrain said...

I've never had peanut butter in my cupcakes before...I know it's got to be good, but my kids are allergic to nuts. I love the idea ofthe butterscotch cupcakes

Shauna from Piece of Cake said...

I'm sold on peanut butter anything. Such an awesome flavor combo with the butterscotch too, yum!

Barbara Bakes said...

These look like they belong in a bakery!

bake in paris said...

Silky and creamy buttersctoch cupcakes.... Looks delicious and fits almost any occasion :-)

Sawadee from Bangkok,
Kris

Leanne at Beale's Kitchen said...

Hello, just to let you know I made the banana split cupcakes from your blog and i've just posted it online - what a lovely little recipe :)

GourmAndrea said...

These are officially on my to do list!!!

Julie said...

That sounds right up my alley! Yum :)

Lisa Michelle said...

I'm in love with these too! You are going to kill my 'eating light' summer..LOL I have to make everything I commented on! LOL