Cinnamon Swirl Bread
1 tbsp butter
1/2 cup milk
1 package active dry yeast
3/4 cup warm water
2 tbsp sugar
1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp cinnamon
3 cups flour
2 tbsp butter, softened
2 tbsp sugar
1 tbsp cinnamon
- In small saucepan, warm milk and 1 tbsp butter until butter is melted. Set aside until lukewarm.
- In small bowl, mix water and yeast until yeast is dissolved.
- In large bowl, add 2 tbsp sugar, salt, and 1 tsp cinnamon. Pour in lukewarm milk and butter. Mix until sugar and salt is dissolved. Stir in yeast and water.
- Mix in 2-1/2 cups flour. Turn out onto floured board and knead in the remaining half cup of flour or until the dough is soft and smooth.
- Put dough in greased bowl and turn dough so that the top is greased. Cover and let rise in warm place for about 60 minutes, or until double in size.
- Punch down dough with your fist. Turn dough out onto floured board and knead for about 1 minute.
- Roll dough out into a basic rectangular shape. Use a butter knife or fingers to spread 2 tbsp softened butter on the top of rectangular dough. Evenly spread about 2 tbsp sugar and 1 tbsp cinnamon on top of butter.
- Roll up dough and form into 1 loaf. Put into buttered bread pan. Cover and let rise until double in size, about 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven 375 degrees F (190C).
- Score dough by cutting three slashes across the top with a sharp knife. Put in oven and bake for about 45 minutes or until golden brown.
- Turn out bread and let cool on a rack or dishtowel.
Swirly bread :)