Tuesday, 11 May 2010

Baby Shower Cupcakes

Yayyy I had my first ever paid order, I was so pleased :), there was a woman at my mam's work who was throwing a baby shower for one of her friends and wanted to order some of my cakes for the party, she ordered 10 pink cakes and 10 blue cakes as the girl didn't know whether she was having a boy or girl and left the flavour choices up to me, as long as it wasn't strawberry as she is allergic hehe. I was so excited to make these and I actually haven't been very well at the moment and was worried I wasn't going to be able to get them done :( but I struggled through and managed to make them for her for last weekend :).
For the pink ones I did a raspberry ripple cupcake, a vanilla buttercake topped with a nice ripple of raspberry buttercream, topped with some sprinkley pink glimmer to make them look extra pretty and pink.
For the blue ones I did a recipe that I posted up recently, tropical banana coconut cupcakes, a coconut cupcake topped with baby blue banana buttercream topped with white sprinkles to contrast with the baby blue.
I'll post up the recipe for the Raspberry Ripple cuppies but obviously not the Tropical ones as I have already posted it up recently. Enjoyy :).

Raspberry Ripple Cupcakes

Vanilla Cupcakes
115g unsalted butter, at room temperature
130g white granulated sugar
3 large eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
220g plain flour
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
60ml milk
1 teaspoon vanilla extract


1. Preheat the oven to 175C and line a muffin tin with liners.

2. Cream the butter and the sugar together in a large bowl until light and fluffy, this should take about 3 minutes. Add the eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition.
3. In a separate bowl combine the flour, baking powder and salt. Add the dry ingredients to the butter and egg mixture, alternating with the milk.. Beat in slowly until just combined, be careful not to overbeat!
4. Fill the muffin liners and bake for 18-20minutes or until a toothpick is inserted into the middle and comes out clean. Allow to cool in muffin tin for 5 minutes and then turn out onto a wire rack until completley cool.

Raspberry Buttercream
190g butter
150g icing sugar
dash of milk
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 teaspoons raspberry extract
drop of red food colouring

1. Beat butter until softened, add icing sugar a bit at a time beating until creamy.
2. Beat in extracts and food colouring. Add milk as desired to achieve correct consistency.







Cuppies

17 comments:

How To Be Perfect said...

Congratulations!!!!
I was over the moon when I got my first order, your cuppies look delicious, I'm sure you have loads more orders soon x

http://www.theartofbeingperfect.blogspot.com

Lorraine @ Not Quite Nigella said...

Congratulations on your first order! They look wonderful! :)

Poires au Chocolat said...

Ooh how exciting! Being paid for baking - now there's a winner.

Cocina Savant said...

these are adorable! you earned your paycheck i would say :) looks great!

Live.Love.Eat said...

Congratulations, how exciting!!!

These look adorable, great job!!!!

Sue Sparks said...

Your cupcake colors turned out so pretty, and the flavors sound delicious! CONGRATS on your first order! May there be many more! :)

Tia said...

Congrats! I love the colors and the cream looks fantastic.

Lazaro Cooks! said...

Beautiful cupcakes. Congrats on the first of many orders. Your cupcakes are amazing.

Cheers!

Paris Pastry said...

They're beautiful! I'm sure everyone loved them! I like that you used a dark brown liner for the pink one. Brown and pink go so well together!

Mary said...

Both types look perfect, but I'll take the girl cupcake. Love raspberries! Congratulations on your first paid order!

Ssanchez said...

Congratulations on your first order!

Your Baby Shower cupcakes are very cute.

Sandra @ www.modern-baby-shower-ideas.com

Barbara Bakes said...

Your cupcakes look perfect! I'm sure she was very pleased. The flavors sound wonderful.

Heather said...

Wow! Those look amazing! I would happily pay for those cupcakes, great job! Can't wait to try the raspberry buttercream.

CookiePie said...

Congrats on your paying gig!! The cupcakes are beautiful!!

Shauna from Piece of Cake said...

Perfection. And so exciting about your first order--I'm sure there will be many more!

Abby said...

Congrats! I'm jealous. I can't decide if I want to offer my services to the public or not!

My sister's baby shower is in a few weeks at my house. Can't wait to make the cupcakes!

Sarah-Lyn said...

God that cinnamon swirl bread looks divine!!! YUM!

SL
ibakecupcakes.com