Thursday, 8 April 2010

Phish Food Cookies!!

I'm sure you're all familiar with the Ben 'n' Jerry's flavour Phish Food, a chocolate ice cream, with chocolate fish and a marshmallow and caramel swirl running through it yummm!! Well as you may have seen on my blog before I've made Phish Food cupcakes before and I really fancied making Phish Food cookies. It started with me just deciding to make some ordinary choc chip cookies, they're one of those things I just never seem to make..but then as I was making them I was looking in the cupboards and started to think..hmm maybe Phish Food Cookies would be a bit more exciting. So I added some cocoa powder to my cookie mix and threw in loadssss of chocolate chunks, some mini marshmallows and loads of yummy Starbucks caramel sauce I had left over and into the oven they went..I was quite worried how they would turn out, whether the marshmallows and caramel in the oven would just turn into a sticky mess..but wowwww!! These turned out great, people were saying they were the best cookies they have ever tasted, the sticky caramel and marshmallows with the chewy cookie and the big chocolate chunks was apparently amazing..hmm maybe more Ben 'n' Jerry's flavours should be made into cookies hehe. Anyway heres my recipe that I created :).

Phish Food Cookies

250g all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
pinch of salt
170g butter,melted
220g brown sugar
100g white sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 egg
1 egg yolk
200g chocolate chunks, milk or dark
1 cup mini marshmallows
1/2 cup caramel sauce


1. Preheat the oven to 165C.
2. Sift the flour, baking soda and pinch of salt into a bowl.
3. In a separate bowl beat together the melted butter and the sugars. Beat in the eggs and the vanilla.
4. Mix in the flour slowly and then fold in the chocolate chunks, mini marshmallows and caramel sauce.
5. Refridgerate mix for about 30 mins to firm it up before baking if you want thicker cookies, spoon mixture onto baking tray and bake for 15-17 mins. Cool.




10 comments:

Erica said...

oh my yum! I'm just imagining these crumbled over vanilla frozen yogurt. Seriously- how good does that sound! Nice work girl!

cookies and cups said...

I love phish food ben and jerry's!
These cookies look perfectly great!

Live.Love.Eat said...

Wonderful creation!!!!!!!! I rarely whip up a batch of cookies but if I do I will be making these!!!!

Lazaro Cooks! said...

Saw your profile on Christine's page. Glad I found your sweet blog. Look forward to following you here. Have a great day!

Holly said...

MMmmmm an ice cream made into a cookie- how could you go wrong!;)

CookiePie said...

Oh WOW - what a great idea!!! I bet they were DELISH!

vickys said...

I love phish food! Luckily no one in my family does so I get complete ownage over the tub! :) Great idea for the cookies and even better for being a brave cookie soul!

Snooky doodle said...

these look delicious. even tough I ve never heard of these :)

Suzler said...

Wow, they look and sound incredible! I wonder how many other Ben & Jerry's flavours could be cookiefied.

Anonymous said...

Hi these look lovely, but I'm a bit confused, do you put cocoa powder in it like you said or is it just the recipe you've listed? Many thanks!x