The chocolate lava cake was the thing to make this week, now this dessert goes by quite a few names..chocolate lava cake, chocolate fondant, melt in the middle chocolate pudding..whatever you want to call it pretty much what it is is an extremely moist chocolate cake with an oozing chocolate liquid centre..almost like cubes of chocolate have been placed into the centre of the cake! I had great fun making these, I was really worried that they were going to turn out disastorous..but disastorous they did not..well apart from the first one but thats a different story hehe. The recipe stated to bake them for 10 minutes, I would strongy suggest giving them 15 or else when you come to turn out your delicious smelling cakes it turns into a mound of mess on your plate..definately not elegant and sophisticated! My mam and boyfriend absolutely loved these and said it was the perfect warming comforting food...so if you are in need of a warm comforting dessert here's your guys hehe!
Chocolate Lava Cake
6 oz. Semi-Sweet Baking Chocolate (or use your favorite 70% dark chocolate bar)
6 oz. Butter (diced, room temperature)
1/2 cup Granulated Sugar
1/3 cup Flour
Butter for Ramekins
1. Preheat oven to 350°F/175C. Melt chocolate on low flame in a bain-marie (double boiler). When melted, take of flame, and…
2. Stir in diced butter, until it melts.
3. In another bowl, beat eggs and sugar, until it starts to whiten.
4. Stir in melted chocolate and then the flour.
5. Butter 4 individual ramekins, and pour in chocolate batter.
6. Cook for about 15 minutes.
7. Tip ramekins upside down onto dessert plates and serve.
Before the oozing begins hehe