Sunday, 25 April 2010

Chocolate Lava Cake

The chocolate lava cake was the thing to make this week, now this dessert goes by quite a few names..chocolate lava cake, chocolate fondant, melt in the middle chocolate pudding..whatever you want to call it pretty much what it is is an extremely moist chocolate cake with an oozing chocolate liquid centre..almost like cubes of chocolate have been placed into the centre of the cake! I had great fun making these, I was really worried that they were going to turn out disastorous..but disastorous they did not..well apart from the first one but thats a different story hehe. The recipe stated to bake them for 10 minutes, I would strongy suggest giving them 15 or else when you come to turn out your delicious smelling cakes it turns into a mound of mess on your plate..definately not elegant and sophisticated! My mam and boyfriend absolutely loved these and said it was the perfect warming comforting food...so if you are in need of a warm comforting dessert here's your guys hehe!

Chocolate Lava Cake
6 oz. Semi-Sweet Baking Chocolate (or use your favorite 70% dark chocolate bar)
6 oz. Butter (diced, room temperature)
3 Eggs
1/2 cup Granulated Sugar
1/3 cup Flour
Butter for Ramekins



1. Preheat oven to 350°F/175C. Melt chocolate on low flame in a bain-marie (double boiler). When melted, take of flame, and…
2. Stir in diced butter, until it melts.
3. In another bowl, beat eggs and sugar, until it starts to whiten.
4. Stir in melted chocolate and then the flour.
5. Butter 4 individual ramekins, and pour in chocolate batter.
6. Cook for about 15 minutes.
7. Tip ramekins upside down onto dessert plates and serve.



Before the oozing begins hehe



Chocolate River!

15 comments:

Snooky doodle said...

oh I surely don t mind having this lava on my plate. delicious!

Lazaro Cooks! said...

My wife absolutly loves chocolate lava cake. Yours look gorgeous. If you ever want to try something different add a little bleu cheese to your chocolate. The chemical reaction of the two boosts the chocolate taste. It's like turbo-charged chocolate. Cheers!

Tia said...

what a short ingredient list! looks decandent. great dessert!!!

danazia said...

OMG! I'm licking the screen here. I want some now! Lovely post. Thanks for the recipe.

Paris Pastry said...

I adore chocolate lava cake! I made a recipe recently quite similar; chocohotopots. They were heavenly!

Holly said...

Ooooh yummy!!

Mimi said...

I'll trade the sticky toffee pudding for the lava cakes.
Mimi

Sue Sparks said...

I have always wanted to make Lava cake and haven't yet, but yours looks FABULOUS!!! Love your raspberry chiffon pie too:) Thanks for visiting my blog!

Mary said...

Mmmm--gorgeous! I've never made this, but I've certainly eaten my fair share! Must try soon...

Barbara Bakes said...

Looks like a perfect, ooey gooey lava cake. Isn't it so nice to be able to eat it hot and not have to wait.

Aparna said...

Looks delish. I've also had this and so know just how good it feels to eat one.
Pure heaven! :)

Rosa's Yummy Yums said...

OMG, that lava cake looks droolworthy! Impossible to resist to such a treat!

Cheers,

Rosa

Live.Love.Eat said...

I have a recipe for these I have been wanting to try for the longest time. Maybe for Mother's Day. Thanks for the tip on cooking time. Or even testing one out 1st!

Jaime said...

one of my fav's! so easy and good :) dorie called them gooey chocolate cakes ;)

Debbie said...

Just made these for dessert and they definitely hit the spot, I had to cook them for like 20 minutes though.