Ok so I made these on Christmas Eve but I haven't had the chance to post them up yet, I hope everyone had a great Christmas and New Year and had lots of fun baking delicious Christmas recipes. :)
There were 4 main things I wanted to bake this Christmas, my cake pops and cookies to give out to friends, eggnog cupcakes (to tackle my new found obsession hehe) and finally chocolate peppermint candy cane cupcakes. Even though I don't really like candy canes to eat, I think they're so pretty to look and and use as a decoration for cakes. I've always gotta bake something on Christmas Eve, ever since I've been little, for 'Santa' etc, this year I gave them to my Grandma...but whilst I was delivering them I slipped on the snow and ice, ouch! Not good! Andmy neighbours children who had bought us a present for Christmas.
I made the buttercream a swirl of red and white to look like candy canes and topped with about half a candy cane for decoration. Enjoy :)
Chocolate Peppermint Candy Cane Cupcakes
180g butter, softened
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
220g white sugar
250g self raising flour
50g cocoa powder
3 tablespoons milk
3 tablespoons Hershey's Chocolate Syrup
1. Preheat the oven to (180C/160C fan assisted) and line muffin tin with paper cases.
2. Beat butter and sugar together until light and fluffy, this should take from 3-5 minutes.
3. Beat in eggs one at a time, adding a spoonful of flour if the mixture shows any signs of curdling.
4. Add milk/flour/Hershey's Chocolate Syrup, alterating, beat in on a low speed until just incorporated.
5. Bake cakes for 20 minutes or until a toothpick is inserted into the centre and comes out clean, cool on a wire rack.
450g Icing sugar
5 tablespoons milk
red food colouring
1. Beat icing sugar and butter together in a bowl, adding milk until the desired consistency has been achieved.
2. Then beat in the peppermint extract, and swirl in the red food colouring to create a mixture of red and white buttercream. Pipe onto cakes and top with a candy cane. :)
Christmas Patrick likes this one :D
Christmas Spongebob too :)