Sunday, 24 January 2010

Bailey's Caramel Coffee Cupcakes

I'm trying this new thing with my baking where as well as baking new different things I am still of course going to experiment with different cupcake flavours yumm. I couldn't decide what to make this week, I had loads of strawberry and orange cremes left from the Cadbury's Roses and Quality Street, that nobody wanted to eat!! So I thought of melting them down into a cake...which is probably what I'll do in one post soon but there was other things in my baking cupboard that were calling to me hehe! I had a miniature bottle of Bailey's with a hint of coffee that I got as a free sample and some unused Starbuck's caramel sauce that had been in there for a while...hmmm decisions decisions...So I decided to make caramel cupcakes with lottssss of caramel sauce mmm and topped them with Bailey's with a hint of coffee buttercream, woww yum!! Apparently they were amazing, I am yet to try one, but the Bailey's wasn't too over powering but just creamy with a hint of the liquor and the caramel cupcakes were light and delicious. There were a couple of cupcakes that didn't manage to get iced with the buttercream..due to my mam's request to leave them so she could warm them with toffee and vanilla ice cream so it would be like sticky toffee pudding hehe!! Mother's these days hehe!!

Bailey's Caramel Coffee Cupcakes

Caramel Cupcakes
90g butter, softened
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
2 eggs
110g white sugar
150g self raising flour
1 tablespoons milk

Half a bottle of Starbuck's Caramel Drizzle Sauce

1. Preheat the oven to (180C/160C fan assisted) and line muffin tin with paper cases.
2. Beat butter and sugar together until light and fluffy, this should take from 3-5 minutes.
3. Beat in eggs one at a time, adding a spoonful of flour if the mixture shows any signs of curdling.
4. Add milk/flour/Caramel Drizzle Sauce, alterating, beat in on a low speed until just incorporated.
5. Bake cakes for 20 minutes or until a toothpick is inserted into the centre and comes out clean, cool on a wire rack.


Bailey's with a hint of Coffee Buttercream
125g butter
400g icing sugar
1 bottle of Bailey's miniatures with a hint of coffee

1.Beat butter until light in colour, then slowly add the icing sugar bit by bit alternating with the Bailey's until you have reached the desired consistency. Pipe onto cakes.




11 comments:

Sugar Siren said...

These sounds sooo yummy!

I have just been thinking about doing Baileys buttercream again the last few days, but this combination with caramel cupcakes really appeals to me.

cookies and cups said...

These look so good! I love caramel anything. All your cupcakes are so cute :)

The Blonde Duck said...

They sound wonderful!

Kathleen said...

Yum! Love, love, love the sound of these!

Ingrid said...

Natalie they sounds delightful! I love anything caramel-y.

Btw, I've been anxious to try making sticky toffee pudding. Is it as phenomenal as I've heard?
~ingrid

Karine said...

Your cupcakes sound amazing! thanks for sharing :)

goodgame77 said...

thanks you share..................................................

skideewink said...

Oh how sinful! WANTING SOME NOW!! Keep up the yumminess ;)

mike said...

These caramel cupcakes are simply awesome! In the past, I have had problems with my recipe of cupcakes, and it usually end up so hard. But upon following your recipe, I made the perfect cupcake! This went really well with a cup of coffee made from my new capresso coffee maker Great post! Thanks a lot.

tease-spoon of sugar said...

I'm drooling over these cupcakes! And I'm a huge fan of Bailey's, these will go on my list of things to try for sure! Thanks for sharing your recipe. Great blog!

Anonymous said...

wowow