Wednesday, 23 December 2009

Christmas Cake Pops

Now you probably all know Bakerella's great cake pops but I thought I would try my own again this year cause I love bagging them up and giving them out to friends as a little present. Last year's weren't so great, the chocolate was a bit lumpy and it just didn't go all that good. This year I managed to find "White Chocolate Cake Covering" instead, which is sort of like candy melts...which is another thing we can't buy over here!! It gave a way smoother finish though and set much quicker which stopped the chocolate from dripping all over the place! However when any food colouring was added to it it seemed to have a weird effect and went all lumpy so unfortunately everything had to be white :( so I did Snowmen, which had an Oreo hat and a rolo, polar bears which had white chocolate buttons and a mini chocolate smartie for a nose, presents which used strawberry liquorice laces for a tie and baubles which used the little round silver balls that hurt your teeth hehe, a jelly tot, a strawberry lace and some edible glitter yum! I was way more pleased this year with how they turned out..but I still think I could do with some improvement on the old cake pop front!! There's not much of a recipe to go with this, its any flavour cake you want, crumbed, mixed with buttercream, rolled into balls, frozen and allowed to chill to form a good shape and then dipped!


Bauble Cake Pop



Polar Bear Cake Pop



Present Cake Pop



Snowman Cake Pop

9 comments:

Snooky doodle said...

cute!!! these are so nice! Happy Christmas !

Lisa said...

Those are the aboslute cutest things I've ever seen, even too cute to eat! Well, scratch that! Love the glittery Xmas ball one :) That said, have a wonderful holiday!!

CookiePie said...

Sooooo adorable and perfect for the holidays!

Cakebrain said...

Cute cake pops! I especially liked the Christmas bauble!

Nitsie said...

Absolutely adorable:)Loved your blog!

Erica said...

Oh my gosh! LOVE these. So precious. Hope you had a fabulous Christmas

Elizabeth said...

Very cute! We've done a few of the same dishes! Much have goof taste. :)

Ingrid said...

Aw, those are cute! The little snowman in his hat is my fave.
~ingrid

price per head said...

Please one more post about that.I wonder how you got so good. This is really a fascinating blog, lots of stuff that I can get into. One thing I just want to say is that your Blog is so perfect