I've been wanting to make these for a while and made them back in Novemeber but haven't had time to post them up yet, been doing lots of Christmas Baking, which will be posted up within the next few days I think :D Christmas cupcakes and cookies :) and I think I might be making chocolate tree decorations tonight hehe.
Anyway making these banoffee cupcakes I meant to be put crushed digestive biscuits on the bottom to make them truely banoffee pieish but I forgot until they were about half way thruogh baking :( but they still turned out pretty good.
I made a banana flavoured cupcake by mashing banana and adding banana flavouring to a vanilla cake recipe and then spread thick dulce de leche sauce over the top and topped with vanilla buttercream and chocolate sprinkles. :D Banoffee Pie in a cupcake...minus the digestive biscuits..ahem..
180g butter, softened
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
220g white sugar
300g self raising flour
3 mashed bananas
2 teaspoons banana flavouring
3 tablespoons milk
Dulce de Leche Sauce
1. Preheat the oven to (180C/160C fan assisted) and line muffin tin with paper cases.
2. Beat butter and sugar together until light and fluffy, this should take from 3-5 minutes.
3. Beat in eggs one at a time, adding a spoonful of flour if the mixture shows any signs of curdling.
4. Add milk/flour, alterating, beat in on a low speed until just incorporated. Add the mashed bananas and banana flavouring and fold in or beat slowly, and divide mixture between baking cases.
5. Bake cakes for 20 minutes or until a toothpick is inserted into the centre and comes out clean, cool on a wire rack.
6. Top cakes with a layer of rich dulce de leche sauce.
500g icing sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 teaspoons milk
1.Beat butter until it goes as white as possible, to ensure buttercream is nice and white for the creamy effect!
2. Add icing sugar in parts, alternating with milk and vanilla extract and beat until you achieve the desired texture and then pipe onto cakes.