Monday, 18 May 2009

Chocolate Peanut Butter Cupcakes

Ok so every blog post seems to be me moaning about exams..but I really am drowning in them!! This week is a killer so can't wait to get past it..on the plus side I'm on study leave..which means when I'm not studying I'm spending lots of time...BAKING....ahem ahem..I'm sure my teachers would love to hear that one. Anyway this week it was one of my mam's friends birthdays and they LOVE peanut butter..as do I..I don't get how people can't like it, I think its one of those love/hate things, you either love it..or hate it. Well personally I LOVE it. So I decided to make chocolate and peanut butter cakes, a great combo num num num. I made a moist chocolate cake...buttermilk is the way forward and filled them with crunchy peanut butter, I then topped them with smooth peanut butter buttercream and sprinkled them with chocolate flakes..I didn't even get to try one of these cakes, my mam took them all into work for her friend and they were all gobbled up :(:(.




Ingredients Needed...mm buttermilk!




Cuppie liners




Stirring the melted chocolate in..wow this looks good





Finished cuppy


Chocolate Peanut Butter Cupcakes

Chocolate Cupcake
makes 24
170g unsweetened chocolate, melted
225g butter
385g dark brown sugar
3 eggs, at room temperature
1 teaspoon vanilla essence
185g plain flour
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/8 teaspoon salt
235ml buttermilk
50g cocoa powder *I added this*
25ml milk *I added this*
150g crunchy peanut butter

1. Preheat the oven to 175C(350F) and fill a muffin tin with liners, set aside.
2. In a large bowl cream together the butter and the sugar until fluffy, this should take about 3-5 minutes.
3. Beat in the eggs one at time, beating well after each addition, if any signs of curdling occur add a tablespoon of flour.
3. Add the vanilla essence and the melted chocolate and beat well.
4. Combine the flour, baking powder/soda and salt in separate bowl.
5. Alternate the dry ingredients (flour etc) with the buttermilk, im about 3 additions, into the cake batter.
6. After alternating the flour and the butter milk, in separate additions alternate the cocoa powder with the milk into the cake batter.
7. Bake in the preheated oven for about 30 minutes or until a toothpick is inserted into the centre and comes out clean. Allow to cool on a wire rack.
8. Core out the centre and fill each cupcake with crunchy peanut butter and replace lid.

Peanut Butter Buttecream
200g smooth peanut butter
125g butter
450g icing sugar
2 tbsp whipping cream

1.Beat together the peanut butter and the butter until smooth and creamed, slowly add the icing sugar until combined.
2. Beat in whipping cream until the desired consistency has been achieved. Pipe onto cakes.

5 comments:

Snooky doodle said...

oh these look delicious. I adore chocolate and peanut butter.

Elyse said...

These cuppies look incredible! Chocolate and PB were meant to be together. AMAZING. Exams totally do take over your life; I understand! You'll do great; keep up the hard work!

Sophie said...

I didn't see these! They look divine, take a look at that frosting, so pretty!

Latasformasecortantes@gmail.com said...

I liked their work much like to give you to know my blog to do pieces of cake decoration

http://latas-formasecortantes.blogspot.com

price per head said...

Useful information ..I am very happy to read this article..thanks for giving us this useful information. Fantastic walk-through. I appreciate this post.