Just decided I would enter these cakes for Iron Cupcake..it didn't dawn on me at first, but it seems stupid not to! Prizes this month are :
A Bunnycake Easter Plushie by DOGBONEART, http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?listing_id=21636297.
A whimsical piece by CAKEASAURUS, http://www.etsy.com/shop.php?user_id=5729584.
as well as a pair of cupcake earrings from LOTS OF SPRINKLES at http://www.etsy.com/shop.php?user_id=6057281.
a collection of all new printed cupcake liners, 200 in all from Sweet Cuppin' Cakes Cupcakery, http://www.acupcakery.com/
PLUS, IronCupcake:Earth can not forget our good friend, CAKESPY, http://www.etsy.com/shop.php?user_id=5243382, who is now going to be doing a piece for our winner each month until further notice - sweet!
&& not to forget the usual:
HEAD CHEFS by FIESTA PRODUCTS, http://www.fiestaproducts.com/, HELLO CUPCAKE by Karen Tack and Alan Richardson, http://blog.hellocupcakebook.com/, JESSIE STEELE APRONS http://www.jessiesteele.com/; TASTE OF HOME books, http://www.tasteofhome.com/; a t-shirt from UPWITHCUPCAKES.COM http://www.upwithcupcakes.com/. Iron Cupcake:Earth is sponsored in part by 1-800-Flowers, http://www.1800flowers.com/ . And DIANAEVANS - http://www.etsy.com/shop.php?user_id=5599270
Mmm ingredients..jar of Nutella..mmm
Mmm so good!
Chocolate Hazelnut Cupcakes
90g butter, softened
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
110g (1/2 cup) caster sugar
150 g (1cup) self-raising flour
2 tablespoons milk
Nutella for filling
1. Preheat the oven to (180C/160C fan assisted) and line muffin tin with paper cases.
2. Beat butter and sugar together until light and fluffy, this should take from 3-5 minutes.
3. Beat in eggs one at a time, adding a spoonful of flour if the mixture shows any signs of curdling.
4. Add milk/flour, alterating, beat in on a low speed until just incorporated. Add 200g of Nutella and beat well. Divide mixture between cases and smooth the surface.
5. Bake cakes for 25 minutes or until a toothpick is inserted into the centre and comes out clean, cool on a wire rack.
6. Core out the centres and fill with Nutella and a biscuit wafer and replace lid.
125g of butter, unsalted, softened
350g icing sugar
200g milk chocolate, melted
3-5 tablespoons whipping cream
1. Beat butter in a bowl until softened, slowly add icing sugar bit by bit until incorporated.
2. Beat in melted, cooled chocolate and add whipping cream until you have reached the desired consistency.
3. Pipe onto cakes and top with whatever you wish.