Ahh its been a while!! Im sorry, ive been really busy recently, had mock exams and stuff but definately gonna get back to baking! I was out shopping the other day and saw this really cute Pink Glimmer decorations so wanted to make something pretty and pink :)
I decided on Strawberry Lemonade...aka a moist lemon cupcake topped with strawberry buttercream and then sprinkled Pink Glimmer on it...its making me hungry just thinking about it!! These cakes were so good and I would definately recommend them to anyone who loves cakes..actually saying that my Mam doesnt like cake and she still loved them..so I would recommend them to anyone haha! Oh I lost the step by step pictures as well :(:( Im sorry, theyll definately be going up again next baking session!!
Mmm! Finished cupcakes!
180g buttter, softened
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 teaspoons lemon extract
220g (1 cup) caster sugar
300 g (2cups) self-raising flour
4 tablespoons milk
1. Preheat the oven to (180C/160C fan assisted) and line muffin tin with paper cases.
2. Beat butter and sugar together until light and fluffy, this should take from 3-5 minutes.
3. Beat in eggs one at a time, adding a spoonful of flour if the mixture shows any signs of curdling.
4. Add milk/flour, alterating, beat in on a low speed until just incorporated. Divide mixture between cases and smooth the surface.
5. Bake cakes for 25 minutes or until a toothpick is inserted into the centre and comes out clean, cool on a wire rack.
250g butter, softened
480g (3 cups) icing sugar
4 tablespoons milk
2 teaspoons strawberry extract
pink food colouring
1. Beat butter in a small bowl with electric mixer until light and fluffy; beat in sifted icing sugar and milk, in two batches.
2. Beat in strawberry extract and food colouring until desired consistency and colour has been achieved.