Anyway heres the step by step pictures back again!
Ingredients Needeed for Lemonies!
Making the Lemon Curd
Filling cupcake liners
Filling with curd
Finished lemon meringue...cupcake!
4 egg yolks
1/3 cup (75g) caster sugar
2 teaspons finely grated lemon rind
1/4 cup (60ml) lemon juice
1. Combine ingredients in a small heatproof ball over a small saucepan of simmering water, stirring constantly, until mixture thickens and coats the back of a spoon.
2. Remove from heat. Cover tightly; refrigerate lemon curd until cold.
Coconut Lemon Curd Cake
125g butter, softened
2 teaspoons finely grated lemon rind
2/3 cup (150g) caster sugar
1/3 cup (80ml) milk
3/4 cup (60g) desiccated coconut
1 1/4 cups (185g) self-raising flour
1. Preheat oven to (180C/160C fan assisted). Line muffin tray with paper cases.
2. Beat butter, rind, sugar and eggs in a small mixing bowl with electric mixer until light and fluffy.
3. Stir in milk and coconut, then sifted flour. Divide mixture among cases; smooth surface.
4. Bake large cakes about 25 minutes, small cakes 20 minutes. Turn cakes onto wire rack to cool. Increase oven to (220C/200C fan assisted).
5. Cut a 2cm deep hole in the centre of each cake, fill with curd; discard cake tops.
6. Make coconut mierngue; spoon into a piping bag and pipe onto top of cakes. Bake in hot oven for 5 minutes or until meringue is lightly browned.
4 egg whites
1 cup (220g) caster sugar
1 1/3 cups (95g) shredded coconut, chopped finely
1. Beat egg whites in a small bowl with an electric mixer until soft peaks form; gradually add sugar, beating until sugar dissolves. Fold in coconut.