A post at last I hear you say!! It seems I have been ill fated from the day I made the phish food cupcakes, that was the first day I was unwell, I blame the blowing up of my whisk! Turns out I've had glandular fever, but apparently have just had different symptoms so they couldn't recognise it until my body started to produce tons of antibodies. Even though its annoying being tired all the time I'm just glad its something I can get better from and I am slowly so thought what better to make myself some getting better cakes...since nobody make me any get well soon cakes boo hoo :(
They're white chocolate mud cake, the mixture was really weird, but the cakes turned out so yummy mmm, with raspberry buttercream, I then put some pink fondant smiley faces on the top to signify my happiness in getting better hehe, although there is a shocked face in there somewhere haha..wondering why I'm not fully better yet!! After making the cakes I had to flop on the sofa for a bit, who knew that baking could be such a tiring experience!
Anyway its been a while so here we go with the pictures and the recipe :)
Melting ingredients in a saucepan :S..Never done this before for cakes!
Mixture melting in the saucepan
Mixture after flour and egg..still looks watery
Cakes out of the oven..so moist and have a crispy top!
Cutting fondant circles
Finished smiley faces
White Chocolate Raspberry Cupcakes
White Chocolate Mud Cake
250g butter, chopped coarsely
160g white chocolate, chopped coarsely
2 cups (440g) white sugar
1 cup (250ml) milk
1 cup (150g) plain flour
1 cup (150g) self-raising flour
1. Preheat over to moderately low (170C/150C fan assisted) and line a muffin tray with cases.
2. Combine butter, chocolate, sugar and milk in a small saucepan; stir over a low heat until smooth and everything has melted and dissolved. Transfter to a medium bowl; cool for 15 minutes.
3. Whisk in sifted flours and the eggs. Divide mixture among the cases; smooth surface.
4. Bake cakes for 35-40 minutes, or until a toothpick is inserted into the centre and comes out clean, allow to cool on a wire rack.
400g icing sugar
1 teaspoon raspberry extract
few drops of pink food colouring
1. Beat all ingredients in a medium sized bowl until combine, add icing sugar/milk as necessary depending on the consistency you wish to achieve. Pipe onto cakes and top with a smiley fondant face hehe :)